Sunday, July 27, 2008

Some more Sea Dogs


I finished this figure a few weeks ago and he joins 18 other Foundry sea dogs I have painted over the last few years. These figures were sculpted by Mike Owen, now of Artizan fame, who has always been able to put an amazing amount of character in a face only a few milimeters across. I painted some of these before I got my glasses which explains some of the "impressionistic" paintwork. I have a few more under way and hope to make a better job of them!





I think the only problem with the figures is that they all look English and I need some dastardly Spaniards for them to go up against Unless I put them up against some Darkest Africa natives or maybe some Amazonians (not strapping girlies but Indians from the Amazon)!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice work, LH.

    This is another one of those "skirmish" periods that Foundry used to do so well, until their sculptors all b***ered off and left the ranges incomplete (Nick Collier's promising Napoleonic landing parties range being another casualty). I'm sure the sculptor had Spaniards and loads of other stuff planned...

    ReplyDelete