Friday, October 31, 2008

Legends of the High Seas

Good rules, ghastly cover.


Mike (of Black Hat Games http://www.blackhat.co.uk/) and I are going to have a go at Warhammer Historical's Legends of the High Seas on Monday. I've never played this before so I am sure there will be much rule checking during the evening, but it is based on the Lord of the Rings rules which I have played (although not as much as Mike!). We have played a couple of pirate games before using Blood & Swash (which is really designed for fights in a tavern) and the larger forces variant Thunder & Plunder.

Claudia: would make a good pirate wench.


I remember winning the first game and getting massacred in the second game when the young lady I tried to rescue turned out not to want rescuing at all (rather like Claudia Cardinale in The Professionals).


Some of my Foundry Pirates.

I have about two dozen painted Foundry pirates and another forty or so unpainted. I will sit down and plan my force tonight and see if I need to paint any more figures over the weekend. I suspect I might be a bit light on ordinary seamen. I suspect I will need to look at a good range of weapons as well.

Maybe I will even get the chance to take a few pictures. Perhaps I'll take my palm trees in!

No comments:

Post a Comment